As we have noted previously, Facebook is turning into a giant shopping mall with retailers leveraging the platform for a wide array of promotions and in some cases on-page stores. Jennifer Moire reports in her All Facebook post, Retailers Rely on Facebook to Sell Back to School Deals that retailers continue to abandon or reduce promoting through traditional, expensive channels like TV and print.
She also lists what big name retailers are planning for their back to school promotions:
- Target – Back to college daily deal promotion on dorm room staples like mini-fridges.
- Sears – An “Amazing Mom List” to help with planning and shopping (I would like to know why aren’t more stores offering this?).
- American Eagle Outfitters – Submit a photo wearing the brand and enter to win.
- Aeropostale – Brand new Facebook store linking to promotions.
I have noticed a few more in case you need some help with BTS shopping:
- Gymboree – actively promoting its back-to-school store sale and cross promoting on Twitter.
- Justice – 40% coupon for both online and in-store.
- Hanna Andersson – back to school deals on a variety of items.
- Staples – Back to College, enter to win $10,000 and one winner a week drawn for an HP Tech package (I hope they are still running that one when my kids go to college because we are entering!).
At Engage121 we are busy helping our retail clients leverage fall shopping with our Facebook applications that allow easy localized promotions, coupons/specials, contests, and of course as we reported a few weeks back, publishing web pages in minutes.
Happy shopping and give us a shout to learn how you can drive traffic to your stores and outlets through Engage121.